Friday, June 8, 2012

Coming Soon


Here are some more books you'll see soon in the YA Area!


The Peculiars by Maureen Doyle McQuerry


"This dark and thrilling adventure, with an unforgettable heroine, will captivate fans of steampunk, fantasy, and romance." (Amazon) Me, I just like the title, and the fact that one of the main characters is a librarian! 
(I've also ordered Supernaturally by Kiersten White, Soulbound by Heather Brewer, and Rapture by Lauren Kate)

Papercutz Slices 4: The Hunger Pains by Stefan Petrucha, Illustrated by Rick Parker
They've taken on Harry Potter and Twilight. Now they're attacking The Hunger Games. Get a laugh with this graphic novel adaptation of the Harvard Lampoon Spoof (also available in regular fiction)! 
(For another laugh, check out F in Exams: The Very Best Totally Wrong Test Answers by Richard Benson)

Marathon by Boaz Yakin, Illustrated by Joe Infurnari
The story of the original Marathon runner! "In 490BC, an Athenian messenger named Eucles ran 153 miles from Sparta to Athens, and in so doing preserved ancient Greek civilization from subjugation to the Persian Empire. This is his story." (Amazon) Just in time for the Olympic Games!

Pandora Hearts 1 and 2 by Jun Mochizuki
Yay! Go me! I finally remembered to order these! Get started on this great Manga series suggested to us by a local teen (a couple of times, but I forget things.) If YOU have any ideas for books that we should have, just let me know!
(PS - We're also getting some Death Note, The Earl and the Fairy, and Black Butler)


DC Comics: The Ultimate Character Guide by Brandon T. Snider
Finally, some DC stuff for you guys! Marvel has been winning so far this summer, but soon, The Dark Knight Rises will hit theaters and then DC will get the spotlight. Who do you think would win: The Justice League or The Avengers? Get ready for the battle of the comics with this guide.
(Hmm, we're also getting X-Men: Dark Phoenix Saga. Marvel may still be winning this one.)


Legend by Marie Lu
Another in a long line of YA Dystopian novels (See The Hunger Games, Matched, Gone, and many others)! This is one that I actually *gasp* missed the first time around! Don't worry, someone told me about it, and now I even have the sequel on my list. Did I miss another one? Tell me and I'll see if I can't remedy that!
(We also have the Gone series because this same person recommended them. See, I listen!)


No comments:

Post a Comment