Friday, August 5, 2011

Welcome to the All New DPL Teens Blog!

Hello, Everybody! I hope you have all enjoyed your summer. This Fall, the Dover Public Library is doing a few things differently for our teen patrons. (AKA YOU!) On this lovely Friday morning, I'm going to tell you all about what's happening and how You can get involved and shape the teen department here at Dover Public Library.

First, a little background. You know that nice building with the giant windows across from Dover High School? Yeah, that's the Library! And there's lots more than books inside it! We have a technology room with 10 internet stations, 2 research stations, and 2 word processing stations at your disposal. We also have an Audio-Visual department with the latest DVDs and CDs. (We even have some new Blu-Ray discs!) Finally, we have a YA Lounge that will be up and running by the end of the month!


Now for the new stuff!

The YA Lounge will be a place you can hang out with your friends, in your own little corner of the library. (This is also where we keep the comic books. Just saying. Comics are important.) We will have comfy seating and lots of fun posters.


You also have a new place to hang out online! This blog is your space to share and follow library events. It's just for you, so take advantage of the comments, polls, and other ways to get involved. Want to write your own book review? Sounds awesome! Let me post it here! Have a great piece of art you want to share? Take a picture of it and send it to the blog! I would love to share the spotlight in creating content! The point it, this blog is for YOU, and I want YOU to help shape it in whatever ways you want. So send me ideas, posts, pics, videos, books you liked, etc!


Finally, we're going to have lots of teen programs at the library this fall. Highlights? For starters, I'm giving you free ice cream (August 30 - bring a friend)! Later, on October 28-29, join us for the Halloween Lock-In! For the complete lineup, you can check out the Fall Programming Calendar. To register, you can comment on the blog, email me at strausel@oplin.org, or call the library at 330-343-6123. Also, be sure to follow the blog, like us on Facebook, or stop in at the library to make sure you're not missing out on any surprise programs. (Graffiti Table. Think about it.)


Get Involved! You don't have to join the YA Crew to give me your feedback! Call me, write me a note, email me: whatever works for you works for me. If you have any ideas for anything the library could do (books we could buy, activities we could do, etc) please, please, please don't hesitate to share!


Well, I think that's all for now! Keep watching for more news from Dover Public Library Teens!

No comments:

Post a Comment